Every Indian feels proud living in the country where more than one religion lives together with brotherhood and love. We f...
Every Indian feels proud living in the country where more than one religion lives together with brotherhood and love. We feel extremely delighted calling our self Indian and to the part of the country who is famous for its diversity in unity.
Tomorrow is one of the biggest days for every Indian. 26th January and 15th August stores a special place in every Indian. 26th January which is celebrated as Republic day brings out the patriot in us but sadly, some people still don’t know how much importance did this day hold for us.
1. Indian Constitution officially came into effect on 26th January 1950 at 10:18 a.m. After which India was announced as the Republic country.
2. Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar was known as the father of Indian constitution.
3. It took him 2 years 11 months and 18 days to complete Indian constitution.
4. Indian Constitution was prepared in two languages Hindi and English.
5. Both the copies of the constitution were signed by 308 effective members of the Assembly 2 days before the Republic day i.e. on 24th January 1950. Later on it became effective throughout the country.
6. Indian leaders took the best points from other countries constitution. 5 year plan and the idea of fraternity, liberty and equality came from French and USSR constitution respectively.
7. Before the constitution became effective, India followed British Govt’s govt of India Act 1935.
8. The original copy of the constitution is still kept in helium filled cases in the Library of Parliament house.
9. Our National Anthem was first sung in the meeting of INC in Calcutta on 27th December 1911.
10. Every year on 26th January, 21 gun salutes are given when President hoists the national flag on Republic day.
11. The celebration of Republic day ended after 3 days with a beating retreat on 29th January. The celebration was held at Vijay Chowk with the bands of Indian Army and Indian Navy performances.
12. ‘Abide with me’ was one of the famous tunes played at the function. It is also believed that this tune was the favorite of the leader Mahatma Gandhi.
13. Surprisingly only 1000 copies of Indian constitution are written till date. For those who don’t know Indian constitution was not printed it was only calligraphed.
14. All the bravery awards like Veer Chakra, Ashok Chakra, Param Veer Chakra etc are given to the deserving candidates on Republic day.
15. Indian constitution is the longest constitution all over the world which consists of 448 articles in 22 parts, 97 Amendments and 12 schedules.
16. Queen Elizabeth was the chief guest in 1960 during Republic day celebration.
17. First Governor General of Pakistan Malik Ghulam Mohammed was the 1st chief guest of Rajpath parade in 1955.
18. Hindi was declared as the national language of India on26th January 1965.
19. According to the law, Prime minister of the country would address on 15th August i.e. on Independence Day and President of the country would address on Republic day i.e. on 26th January.
20. After achieving independence on 15th August, leaders wanted 26th January also to be remembered as the special day. Hence, the day was made to celebrate on the anniversary of Purna Swaraj Day.
21. Even though we got the independence on 15th August 1947, the first Republic day was celebrated after 3 years i.e. on 26th January 1950.
22. Note – Unfurling an Indian flag other than khadi material is punishable by law even the person could imprison up to 3 years along with heavy fine.
Many people enjoy watching parade and patriotic moments on the TV sets. Let’ pledge to make our country proud and never forget to salute the grand constitution of our country. All of the above Republic day is an important part and memorable event in India’s history.
Human body has been subject to various superstitions since centuries. The beliefs have passed down from generation to generation...
1 year ago
The film industry is not as glamorous as it looks. Even though I can consider that entertainment can have something amazing thin...
1 year ago
As there are not a lot of pictures or information about the high school sweetheart turned first wife of the world renowned Wrest...
11 months ago