Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll (Shaki)
Singer,Songwriter,Record Producer,Dancer,Philanthropist Enterpreneur
Brown (Dyed Blonde)
Barranquilla, Atlantico, Colombia
La Ensenanza School
University of California
William Mebarak Chadid
Nidia Del Carmen Ripoll Torrando
Milan Pique Mebarak
Magia and Laundry Service
Paint Fried Eggs
Watch Horror Movies
Learning History and Languages
Pancakes with Jam
Some Interesting Facts About Shakira
- Shakira can speak Spanish, English and Portuguese languages fluently.
- Shakira has three dogs whom she named Coquito, Gordita, and Chan.
- In 2002, her song “Wherever Whenever” became the best-selling one. Also, her song 'Hips Don't Lie' is considered the best-selling song of this century.
- Shakira also sang the 2010 FIFA World Cup official song's Waka Waka. The music video is still one of the most viewed videos, crossing over a billion views on YouTube.
- She has won five MTV Music Awards, two Grammys, 26 Latin-American Grammy Awards, and has had a Golden Globe nomination too.
- Also, Shakira became the first person to reach 100 million followers on Facebook.
- She loves Bollywood music.
- She has been honored and awarded with a medal by the International Labor Organization.
- Before casting Catherine Zeta-Jones in the movie, The Mask of Zorro, Steven Spielberg wanted to cast Shakira. However, she wasn't confident enough with her English; therefore, she turned it down.