Kalindi Women's College University of Delhi
Campus Law Centre University of Delhi
VMLG College Ghaziabad Uttar Pradesh
Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP)
In 1984 she joined Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) as a member
In 1989 she became Member of Parliament from Bijnor
In 1994 she was elected to Rajya Sabha from Uttar Pradesh
In 1995 she became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
In 1996 she was again elected to Lok Sabha
In 1997 she became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh again
In 2002 she became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the third time
In 2003 she became National President of BSP
In 2007 she became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the fourth term.
1. Mayawati ruled on UP as Chief Minister for four times. She is also the National President of the Bahujan Samaj Party.
2. Former Prime Minister PV Narasimha Rao described her as a "miracle of democracy" when Mayawati became the CM of Uttar Pradesh for the first time.
3. From June 1995 to October 1995, she served her first term as CM, March 1997-September 1997, the second term, and 2002-03, the third one.
4. She became the chief minister of UP in 1997 and 2002, with outside support from the BJP.
5. After 1960, she completed full five years in office (2007-2012) as UP CM; hence, she became the first Uttar Pradesh CM to do so. It was the fourth term of hers as chief minister.
1. Once she wore a garland of Indian currency and that incident dragged her into many controversies.
2. A headline that she brings her footwear from foreign countries also raised many controversies.